SHOPPING SAFELY GUIDE
The guide below provides advice on how to shop on our website.
Please note that this guide is for information only and is not intended to be part of our Terms & Conditions including Shopping Agreement.
Shop safely and avoid becoming a victim of fraud
Please be aware that wedding dresses, wedding accessories and evening gowns are high value items that have the potential to attract scammers. Like for any other online transaction you do, exercise common sense and be vigilant at all times.
- Never give your personal bank account details – it can be used to defraud you.
- Never click on a link in an email sent to you by a potential seller; scammers often use such links when phishing for banking details that can be used to defraud you.
- Do not send funds to the seller’s direct account or to any unknown third parties.
- Do not offer to make payments in installments.
- Do not offer any bearer or cheques.
- Like for every other online transaction, if something seems too good to be true, leave it alone.
- Be vigilant and never release your personal bank account details to avoid being a victim of fraud.
- If you are meeting the seller face to face, always ensure you take someone with you to ensure your safety.
- Do your Due Diligence about a dress or other item before buying it. Verify its retail price, compare with photos on the designer’s website etc.
- Exchange information about the dress.
- Ask the seller as many questions as possible until you feel comfortable to purchase the dress or item, ask for more photos if you need to.
- Use one of our recommended payment methods:
- Pay in cash
- Use our secured payment gateway partner, PayTabs (Please read the Buyer Agreement in the Terms and Conditions to use this service).
- Use a third-party secure payment provider for the transaction e.g. your personal PayPal account. This way you can raise a dispute in case the item was never shipped to you.
- Let us know if you suspect anything fraudulent or suspicious.